Our Optometrist in Somerset Explains the Benefits of Wearing Contact Lenses
Glasses are oftentimes something many people do not wish to wear once their eye exam declares their vision is failing. Fortunately, contact lenses are a great alternative for individuals who need help with their vision. They are easy to maintain and do not take up the real-estate on their face that normal glasses normally do. Fortunately, Franklin Family Eyecare in Somerset, NJ has some information that will quell any concerns about using contact lenses. Read on to find out the advantages of using contact lenses when compared to using traditional glasses.
The Benefits of Wearing Contact Lenses
There are many benefits of wearing contact lenses. Here are just a few examples of how they can help you see clearly.
- Contacts don't steam up whenever there is fog or humidity. This can impede your vision if you are wearing normal glasses.
- You won't experience sight inhibiting reflections that you do with glasses.
- Water does not affect your contacts if they become splashed in the rain or by other circumstances.
They are also great for people who are self-conscious about wearing glasses. Contacts are undetected on your face and most people will be unaware that you need vision enhancers.
How to Take Care of Your Contacts
Here are some tips that will help you properly take care of your contacts.
- Always make sure to wash your hands with mild soap before removing and inserting your contact lenses. This prevents debris from entering your eye.
- Use proper disinfecting solutions provided by your optometry specialist to ensure that they are cleaned properly.
- Make sure you don't leave your contacts in when you go to sleep. They can move whenever you sleep and cause eye damage.
Contact Us for Your Optometry Needs
Franklin Family Eyecare has been servicing the Somerset, NJ area for years and provides expert care for all who need eye exams, vision equipment, or any other optometry services. Dr. Ngong-Tawe is the lead optometrist of our facility and leads the way in professional and friendly eye care. Give us a call today at 732-412-7328 to schedule your professional consultation to get your vision back on track.