Franklin Family Eyecare Services
Healthy eyes and vision help you get the most out of life. Whether you are wondering whether you may need glasses or contacts, you are looking for specialty services, or you have eye conditions that need evaluation and treatment, Dr. Ngong-Tawe is a Bound Brook eye doctor who can provide the services you need.
Bound Brook Eye Doctor Exams and More
Dr. Ngong-Tawe offers eye exams, including Bound Brook contact lens exams. During routine eye and vision exams, your eyes will be evaluated for any changes in vision and any symptoms of health conditions. You may have tests for color vision, depth perception, and visual acuity, or how well you see objects near and far away. The doctor may also test your peripheral vision and how well your eyes work together.
Our practice also offers children’s eye exams and senior eye exams. Children in Franklin Township, Hillsborough Township, and surrounding areas can benefit from early eye exams because eye conditions are more treatable at a younger age. Seniors can benefit from eye exams because conditions become more common with age.
- Contact Lens Exams - Contact lens exams are a little more specialized than routine eye exams. In addition to your regular exam, Dr. Ngong-Tawe will measure your eye to determine which contacts are best for you, since there are different sizes and shapes available. We also provide specialty contact lenses, including hard-to-fit contacts.
- Sports Glasses and Sunglasses - No worries if you are an athlete or weekend warrior, or if you spend time in the sun. Protect your eyes with sports glasses designed to withstand regular sports, or with sunglasses that have UV protection to prevent unnecessary damage to your eyes when you are in the bright sun of summer or the reflective snow of winter. We work with you to find fashionable frames so you can look your best while you see your best.
- LASIK consultations - You may be wondering whether laser eye surgery or LASIK, can help improve your vision so you can get rid of your glasses or contacts or wear them less frequently. Dr. Ngong-Tawe can provide LASIK consultations to help determine whether you are a good candidate for LASIK, which is often targeted for patients with myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), and astigmatism. If so, we can work to find you an ophthalmologist who offers the procedure in an area near you, such as Piscataway Township, New Brunswick, or Somerset.
Conditions We Treat
Proper treatment for certain eye conditions can slow their progression or prevent them from becoming troublesome. We treat the following conditions.
- Computer Vision Syndrome, resulting from too much screen time and strain on your eyes.
- Glaucoma, which causes damage to the optic nerve.
- Macular Degeneration, which leads to vision loss due to damage to the retina.
Give us a call if you are looking for an optometrist in Somerset NJ at 732-412-7328. You can make an appointment with Dr. Ngong-Tawe for vision and contact lens exams or to evaluate and discuss any symptoms you may be having.